NDARC collaborates with the National Drug Research Institute (NDRI) and National Centre for Education and Training on Addiction (NCETA) to publish Drug and Alcohol Research Connections.
The free email newsletter includes the latest research, publications, news and events from the three centres, as well as commentary and opinion on current issues in the alcohol and other drug field.
Articles in the March edition include:
- A smartphone app developed by researchers from NDARC and NDRI will allow more Australians to access trusted, evidence-based information and resources about crystal methamphetamine (ice). Read more.
- An NDARC study will investigate the first online alcohol and substance use prevention program targeted at both students and their parents. Read more.
- Methamphetamine users who identify as heterosexual double their odds of being sexually active and are more likely to have multiple sexual partners and casual sexual partners. Read more.
- An opinion piece by NDRI’s Dr Anne-Marie Laslett: To reduce child injury deaths in Australia we need to look at the link to adult alcohol consumption. Read more.
- A Research Focus article by NCETA’s Mr Roger Nicholas and Professor Ann Roche: Supporting prescribers to respond to pharmaceutical opioid problems. Read more.
- An interview with CEO of the Northern Territory Primary Healthcare Network, Nicki Herriot. Read more.
Subscribe to Drug and Alcohol Research Connections and get every edition delivered straight to your inbox.