A number of new publications authored by NDARC researchers are available to read online.
- Commentary published in Drug and Alcohol Review presents COVID-19 vaccine intention data from Illicit Drug Reporting System (IDRS) interviews conducted in June–July 2021, in the early stages of vaccine rollout, with people in Australia who inject drugs.
- A review published in Tobacco Control examines the practice of excluding smokers with mental health disorders and reasons for such exclusion in clinical trials evaluating pharmacotherapy treatments for smoking cessation.
- A review published in Drug and Alcohol Dependence presents a national profile of all fatal poisonings related to novel synthetic opioids in Australia between 2000 and 2021 identified in the National Coronial Information System.
- An article published in Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research examines the experience of physiological and psychosocial alcohol-related harms across adolescence and its association with alcohol use disorder in early adulthood.
- A study published in Drug and Alcohol Dependence describes childhood trauma exposure among a sample of people prescribed opioids for chronic non-cancer pain.
- An article published in Qualitative Research in Psychology outlines the experiences of a postgraduate student conducting research on drug use and ‘wild self-care’ in the format of a dialogue with their supervisor.
- A retrospective cohort study published in The Lancet Psychiatry investigates self-harm and suicide during and after opioid agonist treatment among primary care patients in England.
- A systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2019 published in The Lancet Psychiatry, measures the global, regional, and national prevalence, disability-adjusted life-years, years lived with disability, and years of life lost for mental disorders from 1990 to 2019.
For regular updates about NDARC research, events, news and projects subscribe to our newsletter, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook.