A number of new publications authored by NDARC researchers are available to read online.
- Commentary published in Drug and Alcohol Review presents COVID-19 vaccine intention data from Illicit Drug Reporting System (IDRS) interviews conducted in June–July 2021, in the early stages of vaccine rollout, with people in Australia who inject drugs.
- A review published in Tobacco Control examines the practice of excluding smokers with mental health disorders and reasons for such exclusion in clinical trials evaluating pharmacotherapy treatments for smoking cessation.
- A review published in Drug and Alcohol Dependence presents a national profile of all fatal poisonings related to novel synthetic opioids in Australia between 2000 and 2021 identified in the National Coronial Information System.
- An article published in Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research examines the experience of physiological and psychosocial alcohol-related harms across adolescence and its association with alcohol use disorder in early adulthood.
- A study published in Drug and Alcohol Dependence describes childhood trauma exposure among a sample of people prescribed opioids for chronic non-cancer pain.
- An article published in Qualitative Research in Psychology outlines the experiences of a postgraduate student conducting research on drug use and ‘wild self-care’ in the format of a dialogue with their supervisor.
- A retrospective cohort study published in The Lancet Psychiatry investigates self-harm and suicide during and after opioid agonist treatment among primary care patients in England.
- A systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2019 published in The Lancet Psychiatry, measures the global, regional, and national prevalence, disability-adjusted life-years, years lived with disability, and years of life lost for mental disorders from 1990 to 2019.