Dr Emily Stockings (BPsycHons, PhD) is an NHMRC Early Career Research Fellow, based at the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre (NDARC). She has a primary focus on the predictors, prevention and treatment of mental and substance use disorders in young people. She additionally works on a range of projects with national and international collaborators, including randomised controlled trials of smoking cessation interventions, cost-effectiveness analyses, longitudinal cohort studies, and estimations of the prevalence and burden of mental and substance use disorders. Emily conducts a number of systematic reviews and meta-analyses and is a Cochrane Collaboration author.
Available for Honours, Masters and PhD co-supervision. Please contact Emily via email and state which degree you are interested in applying for, and if you have a preferred topic. Potential supervision topics include:
- E-cigarette use in young people and vulnerable populations
- Smoking and lifestyle risk behaviours among people with mental health and substance use disorders
- Improving detection and measurement of mental disorders
- Early intervention for mental health and substance use disorders among young people
- Clinical practice change interventions for improving routine screening in mental health and substance use settings