If you are interested in participating in this trial, please fill in the Contact Form to see if this trial might be a good fit for you and a research team member will be in touch with you soon.
The Quit Smoking Study is a Clinical Trial being conducted by the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre (NDARC) at UNSW Sydney. The trial is looking at different types of nicotine replacement products to see which is the most effective at helping low-income smokers quit.
The products included in the study are:
- Vaporised nicotine product (VNP) also known as an electronic cigarette, e-cigarette or vape
- Nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) including gum or lozenges
We are looking for adult smokers who are located within 100km of the Sydney CBD and receive a government pension or healthcare card to take part in the Quit Smoking Study.
For a detailed description of the Quit Smoking Study, please read our Participant Information Statement.
Please read the Participant Information Statement to find out more about the trial.
Benefits for participants:
- Eight weeks of nicotine replacement products at no financial cost to help quit smoking (either nicotine gum or lozenges OR a vaporiser and liquid nicotine)
- Reimbursement of up to $80 for time to participate in the trial
- Additional quit smoking support from the research team
- No travel required, all information collected over the phone
- Flexible interview schedule