Recruitment for this study has closed.
The Quit Smoking Study is a Clinical Trial being conducted by the National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre (NDARC) at UNSW Sydney. The trial is looking at different types of nicotine replacement products to see which is the most effective at helping low-income smokers quit.
The products included in the study are:
- Vaporised nicotine product (VNP) also known as an electronic cigarette, e-cigarette or vape
- Nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) including gum or lozenges
We are looking for adult smokers who are located within 150km of the Sydney CBD and receive a government pension to take part in the Quit Smoking Study.
For a detailed description of the Quit Smoking Study, please read our Participant Information Statement.
Please read the Participant Information Statement to find out more about the trial.
Benefits for participants:
- Eight weeks of nicotine replacement products at no financial cost to help quit smoking (either nicotine gum or lozenges OR a vaporiser and liquid nicotine)
- Reimbursement of up to $80 for time to participate in the trial
- Additional quit smoking support from the research team
- No travel required, all information collected over the phone
- Flexible interview schedule
Miss Bridget Howard
1800 319 250