NDARC Education Trust (NET) has released three new easy-to-read publications.
Alcohol consumption is strongly linked to premature mortality. This study aims to characterise sudden or unnatural deaths with very high range blood alcohol concentrations that presented to the Department of Forensic Medicine in Sydney between 1997-2011.
Governments, policy experts, researchers and randomly selected members of communities all support the idea of greater co-ordination of efforts aimed at reducing alcohol-related harm.
- NDARC is conducting the first ever trial of a brief online intervention to treat combined depression and alcohol misuse in young people
- One in five young people age 16-25 with depression also have problems with alcohol use
- Heavy drinkers drinking more, light drinkers drinking less
- Gap between the sexes disappears
- Stringent policies and enforcement linked to lower consumption
The majority of adolescents who binge drink continue to drink heavily in their 20s, a landmark Australian study has found.