NDARC collaborates with the National Drug Research Institute (NDRI) and National Centre for Education and Training on Addiction (NCETA) to publish Drug and Alcohol Research Connections.
The free bimonthly email newsletter includes the latest research, publications, news and events from the three centres, as well as commentary and opinion on current issues in the alcohol and other drug field.
Articles in the August edition include:
- An opinion piece by NDARC’s Professor Anthony Shakeshaft: Can we improve processes for engaging communities and services in research? Read more.
- A Research Focus article by NCETA’s Professor Ann Roche, Ms Victoria Kostadinov and Associate Professor Ken Pidd: The stigma of addiction in the workplace. Read more.
- An interview with Associate Professor Michael McDonough, Clinical Director and Director, Outpatient Services, Drug and Alcohol Services SA. Read more.
- News: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students from Western Sydney and Tasmania will have their stories included in a culturally inclusive school-based drug and alcohol prevention program. Read more.
- New project: Review of approaches taken in Ireland and in other jurisdictions to simple possession drug offences. Read more.
- News: Registration now open for the 2018 NDARC Annual Research Symposium. Read more.
Subscribe to Drug and Alcohol Research Connections and get every edition delivered straight to your inbox.