- Data from the EDRS and other Australian surveys suggest that Ecstasy is declining in popularity among recreational drug users.
- Data also suggests declining prevalence of ecstasy use in the UK and other European countries.
- There has been a reduction in the price, purity and availability of ecstasy in Australia.
- There appear to be few MDMA-producing clandestine laboratories and falling numbers and amounts of MDMA border detections in Australia.
- It is concluded that there appears to be declining use and availability of ecstasy among Australian recreational drug users. Possible future outcomes are explored.